Welcome to Rossett School.
Although the move from primary to secondary education can seem daunting, here at Rossett we endeavour to make it as smooth as possible aided by our excellent liaison and transition programme. Key Rossett staff visit our primary feeder schools to meet with Year 6 students and there is a comprehensive events timeline for students and parents providing vital transitional information.
- Open Day
- Additional visits offered to see the school in action
- Contact made with parents/carers
- Dedicated email for questions available – email@example.com
- A varied programme of transition events take place
- Primary school visits by Director of Learning for Year 7 and Rossett School SENDCo
to meet children and teachers
- Welcome letter sent to students by Director of Learning for Year 7
- Year 6 students spend two days at Rossett experiencing lessons and break times,
meeting staff and other students. There will be a variety of activities organised
to allow us time to assess their strengths so that we are well prepared to meet
their needs in September
- Parents’ Evening (for parents only) – a chance to meet your child’s form tutor.
Information including our iPad scheme, transport, lunches, PTA and school
uniform will also be available during the evening
Please find attached the following documents to help with the visit:
We hope to make the transition experience fun, informative and most importantly supportive. If you have any general queries at this stage please do not hesitate to contact the Year 7 Team through our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond as soon as we can.