SEMH Support Officer
Rossett School, part of Red Kite Learning Trust
Contract: Permanent, 39 weeks per year based around term times
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
FTE salary: £26,421 – £28,770 per annum
Actual salary: £22,630 - £24,642 per annum
Holidays: Equivalent 13 weeks per academic year
For more information on our school: Rossett School - Home
Rossett School is an11-18 mixed comprehensive school which proudly serves the Harrogate community. We have high aspirations for every child and endeavour to achieve success for everyone.
This is an exciting time to join Rossett as we move forward and we have recently become part of the Red Kite Learning Trust - this partnership provides further opportunities for growth and development, securing a stronger future for our school.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our expanding team who will:
- Lead on delivering the day-to-day provision for students requiring SEMH intervention, primarily in the Learning Support Centre, including those who may have additional SEND and barriers to learning, thus improving outcomes for these groups of students.
- Support to students, providing advice and guidance and implementing agreed plans to encourage learning and overcome barriers to learning.
- Work with students in school who are experiencing complex emotionally demanding situations due to outside influences, requiring sensitivity.
As a member of our Trust, you will benefit from:
- being part of a truly collaborative trust, working with professional generosity and towards a shared mission of Nurturing ambition, delivering excellence and enriching children’s lives
- our Trust commitment to continued invest in our people, supporting every member of staff throughout their career to be the best they can be
- a clear set of RKLT values, a celebration of equality and diversity and a working environment built on respect, kindness and promotion of positive wellbeing
Excellent local government contributory pension scheme with an employer rate of 19.5%. £5k cycle to work scheme, discounted gym, family health, private medical insurance and dental care plans, discounts and online offers at major high street/online retailers and our employee assistance programme accessible by you and your family.
Please click the link for the Role Profile.
Next steps: To discuss the role or pay us a visit, please contact John Warren, Lead for Alternative Provision at HR@rs.rklt.co.uk
For access to our recruitment guidelines and our online application form click here
Final deadline for applications is 12pm 29 January 2024, however, candidates are encouraged to apply asap as preliminary shortlisting may begin before this date.