The Rossett School PTA
To help every Rossett student achieve their potential by establishing a positive alliance of parents and teachers, increase parent teacher involvement and develop a tangile parent teacher partnership.
Rossett has an active PTA who support the school at numerous events throughout the school year as well as holding their own fundraising events such as the annual Quiz Night.
The PTA raises money to improve the facilities for every child at Rossett and in recent years have allocated funds for:
- New curtains for the Main Hall and Stage.
- Sewing machines for the Textiles Department.
- Films for Modern Foreign Languages.
- New software for Business Studies and Computer Science.
- Qwizdom – an interactive learning interface that can engage students and aid in the assessment and progress of students.
- Hurdles and a new table tennis table for Sports Studies.
- Lab coats for the Science faculty.
- A 3D printer for the Design Technology Department which will also be used across the school.
- New football kits for Sports Studies
- A brain model for the Psychology Department.
- A Vex Robot Kit for the Design Technology Faculty.
- De-fib demonstration equipment for First Aid.
- Display frames to display student work for the Art Department.
- Cameras and camera equipment for the Art Department.
These extra items have enhanced the work of the teachers whilst benefiting the students within the school.
There is more to do as the drive to improve the quality of your child’s experience at Rossett increases every year and we urge all parents to become active supporters of the PTA in a variety of ways such as:
- attending meetings
- supporting events
- volunteering to help serve refreshments at events throughout the year
- supporting the 50:50 Club (click the link for more details)
Please remember to check the PTA’s own website regularly to keep up up-to-date with dates of meetings and any events taking place: http:/www.rossettpta.co.uk/
All parents are welcome to attend the PTA meetings.