At present Rossett offers regular drop in sessions for our LGBTQ+ community.
In order to improve and develop our provision we invite students to complete a questionnaire allowing them to voice their views on LGBTQ+ matters, all responses will be anonymous.
At Rossett we off a number of activities for our LGBTQ+ community including:
- Weekly drop-in sessions to support all students – including LGBTQ+ students, those seeking advice in helping LGBTQ+ friends or those generally interested in getting involved and promoting diversity.
- The availability of staff email addresses and our whereabouts known to students to cater for those not comfortable attending the drop-in.
- A Twitter page to share our work with the community and to post notices.
- Fundraising for LGBTQ+ charities throughout the year – this has included bake sales and selling Stonewall Rainbow laces to promote inclusion in sport.
- Assemblies across all year groups (including Sixth Form speakers) to keep students informed of both the progress made and the work still to do when it comes to acceptance without exception.
- Workshops with Year 7 on Who Do We Think We Are? day to raise awareness.
- Attendance at Harrogate’s Pride in Diversity Parade – the only local school to do so.
- Working in collaboration with the Learning Resource Centre Administrator, we provide a range of LGBTQ+ focused books and recommend a 'book of the month'.
- Increased visibility around school with Stonewall displays focused on all aspects of LGBTQ+.