Free School Meals
Rossett School is pleased to be able to offer an online Free School Meals service removing a considerable amount of time from the application process:
The advantages to using the online service are:
- Faster access to free school meals
- Removes any stigma associated with free school meal application
For Parents/ Carers
- Offers a faster, simpler and more convenient application process
- Delivers speedier notification of benefit entitlement
- Removes the need for paper proof of benefit
- Enables applications to be made in privacy via mobile phone, tablet or PC
- Reduces application errors through computer assisted form validation
- Saves time
On submission of the online application parents will receive instant email notification informing them whether or not their child(ren) is/are eligible for Free School Meals. The school will receive the same information and will be able to set students up on the system on the same day.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent of guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they'll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they're in on 31 March 2022.