Rossett News Update – 12 May 2017
External examinations commence
Revision and preparation is well underway for our post-16 students as the external examinations commence on Monday 15 May. Please click here to access the exam timetable.
Please note that during the exam period the whole school will move to early lunch (12.25-1.10pm).
U14s National Cup Final
Good luck to our U14s girls’ football team who play in the National Cup final next Wednesday 17 May at Derby County Football Club, 3.30 kick off.
DofE Bronze Practice Expedition – Saturday 20 May to Sunday 21 May 2017
Students will take part in their practice walk next weekend, starting at Ripley Car Park on Saturday morning and heading up to Bewerley Park in Pateley Bridge to camp overnight. Students will then head towards Markington to be picked up late afternoon on Sunday. Students will take part in their assessed expedition in July.
Our LGBTQ+ students have been invited to represent the school as part of the Pride in Diversity celebrations taking place in Harrogate next week to raise awareness and to celebrate the diverse community in our area.
On Tuesday 16 May they will be speaking about their work at Rossett at the Pride in Diversity conference at The Crown Hotel and on Saturday 20 May they will be taking part in the Pride in Diversity parade which will commence at Montpellier Hill at 11.45am and finish at Valley Gardens at 12.45pm.
Information Evening – 17 May 7pm
Following on from the success of the recent drug information evening hosted at St John Fisher Catholic High School (SJF), the Harrogate secondary schools will collaborate again in our efforts to support parents/carers.
Our next information session will look at the topic of self-harm and will enable the SJF pastoral team to share with you a free online parenting course, as recommended by our local Prevention Service. A recent self-harm survey showed that approximately 50% of people have some experience of self-harm and yet 65% of parents have never discussed this issue with their sons and daughters.
St John Fisher Catholic High School is hosting the information support evening, which is open to all parents/carers locally, on Wednesday 17 May at 7.00pm. The session will be run by members of their Pastoral team, including the Deputy Headteacher. If you are interested in attending this session please email email@example.com at St John Fisher Catholic High School for further information.
Temporary Travel Passes
Please can you remind your child(ren) that from Monday 15 May, temporary travel passes for the Leeds Buses will only be available from the Finance Office before school, at break-time and at lunchtime. Passes will not be issued after 2.10pm.
Congratulations to …
- the U16 girls’ football team who were runners-up in the County Cup final which was their last game for Rossett.
- the Year 10 cricket team who beat Ripon Grammar School by 14 runs.
- the Year 7 boys who beat HGS 3-2 in the County Cup final at Harrogate Town this week. Goals were scored by Kron Abdiu and Leo Georgalis (2 – scoring the winning goal in the final minute of the match!). This caps an amazing season for the boys who have won:
– the Area 9-a-side competition
– the Area 5-a-side competition
– the County 5-a-side competition
- the Year 10 boys’ football team who are Harrogate & Craven Area Champions having, beaten King James High School 4-1, with goals from Liam Whyte, Max Vine (2) and Olly Daniels.
What’s happening next week …
Monday 15 May
- External examinations commence – whole school moves to early lunch (12.25-1.10pm)
Tuesday 16 May
- A Level Art exam
- Change of school day: Periods 3 + 4 swapped
- Pride in diversity Conference 7pm Crown Hotel
Wednesday 17 May
- A Level Art exam
- The Mayor of Harrogate is visiting Rossett
- U14s National Cup Final 3pm kick off at Derby County Football Club
- Parents’ Information Evening – St John Fisher – 7pm
Friday 19 May
- A Level Art exam
Saturday 20 May
- DofE Bronze Award Practice Expedition Day 1
- Pride in Diversity Parade 11.45-12.45 from Montpellier Hill, Harrogate
Sunday 21 May
- DofE Bronze Award Practice Expedition Day 2