Rossett News Update – 8 December 2017
Gambaru Adversity Awards
This week Gambaru Fitness held their annual Sports Adversity Awards in Harrogate. We are delighted that Abbas Hassan (Year 10), Adi Suleiman (Year 10) and Chloe Bellerby (Year 12) were presented with awards for showing that they have not let adversity define them or what they can do and have used sport to overcome the challenges they have faced. The awards were presented to the boys at The Pavilions this week.
Please click the link to hear about Abbas and Adi’s story: http://www.adversityawards.com/our-2017-winners-videos/
Next Friday 15 December is a non-uniform day and we are encouraging all students (and staff) to wear a Christmas jumper and to donate £2 per student – all monies raised will go to Save the Children.
Thanks to volunteers from Nidderdale AONB some of our Vocational Studies students have been learning the skill of dry stone walling. We now have a fantastic dry stone wall in our Sensory Garden. The picture shows us congratulating the team with a donation to their charity with thanks for their work and expertise.
Winter Warmer Concert
This Thursday saw our Winter Warmer Concert which featured a selection of our extra-curricular ensembles plus solo performances reflecting the amazing talent of our students. Thank you to everyone involved.
Congratulations to …
- Aidan Bailey and George Taylor’s who have received a CREST silver award for their project Creating a House of the Future.
- the girls’ U14 football team who beat Bedale 7-2 to progress to the next round of the National Cup.
Road works from 8 January for four weeks
Morrisons Utility have informed the school they will be installing a new water mains on behalf of Yorkshire Water from 8 January and have warned this may cause long delays on the Otley Road as temporary lights will be in place between Beckwith Road and Crag Lane.
What’s happening next week …
Wednesday 13 December
- Year 7 Double Your Money
- Sixth Form Information Evening 7pm Main Hall
Thursday 14 December
- Year 7 Christmas Disco 6-7.30pm Main Hall and Blue Dining Hall
- Full Governing Body meeting 7pm Resource Centre
Friday 15 December
- Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children
- Sixth Form Application deadline
- ‘Rainbow Christmas’ cake sale in support of our LGBTQ+ group